Our early Mother's Day dinner was going rather fine , but that's not for long. My mood was affected when that particular incident happened , and that reminds me I have an outstanding customer's feedback to be emailed to them. It just irks me that such a superior exists , especially in an eatery like this.
All they care about are customers. Yes, I agree that you should treat your customers well and ensure that they have a pleasant experience dining at your restaurant. BUT! I feel in order for you to deliver that, first and foremost, it all begins with your management internally, it all begins with you, the staff, and whats more, the manager of a well-known restaurant.
OHH how sweet and great soft skills you have with your customers, that I do not deny. BUT! how can you, reprimand your own staff in the presence of your customers? Have you consider your staff's feelings when you do that? Do you think you can impress your customers by doing that, thinking that you have the restaurant's best interests at heart? Well, Im not impressed at all. Can't you at least do it somewhere out of your customers' sight? You may think that you are soft enough that I could not hear you. Hello~ I can jolly well see you and hear you clearly . Your tone of voice and your body language tells it all. Mr Manager, the largest factor in your success / failure as a manager is the way you handle the people you supervise. If this is how your people are treated, how can you expect them to deliver great service to your customers? Don't you think that you should be creating an environment where people can take pride in themselves and their work generates positive energy in your workplace?
The staff may have done a mistake, but then again, its not appropriate to give him that piece of your mind in the front, where customers are enjoying their dinner. I can't help but felt sorry, not for the staff, but for the restaurant for having such a manager to lead the team. Like the old Malay sayings, "Kerana nila setitik , rosak susu sebelanga~" And that reminds me, precious's family too had a bad experience with them. So I think this restaurant has a lot of damage control to be done, they have lost customers and they should really do some serious future planning on creating a better management. Accept it or not, this is the voice from your very unhappy customer.
At the end of the day, despite that incident, I went home with extreme fullness and dozed off the moment my head's hit the pillows. zzzzzzzZZZZZZZzZzzzZZZZ
5/11/2008 07:01:00 PM