Site Meter


Sha|sNaRa ScriBBLez TheZe


Friday, October 19, 2007


Satu hari di Hari Raya
When I was a kid , Hari Raya was a major event I look forward to every year. I can still remember how happy I was when they start to air the Hari Raya songs on the radio. My favorite has always been the song sung by Indra Shahrir. Like in the song,
Sudah di jauh hari
Anak-anak bising tak henti-henti
Kita tentukan baju, kasut baru

Untuk dipakai nanti di hari


Hari yang mulia aidilfitri …..

I will start to persuade mak to go shopping for new clothes and new shoes! Its been always about me. I do not care or bother about the house or the dishes to prepare.

Then ,comes the awkward moment that as a kid, it took some time for me to get accustomed to. That is to ask my parents for forgiveness for all the wrong doings that I have done to them. Being an only child, I was rather stubborn and mischievous. I’m not too proud to ask for forgiveness but then I just don’t know how to say it. So I will just salam them and cry….Guess action speaks louder than words? Hehe. :`(

I do remember though that my mak was a woman of few words. She used not to say much , just simply telling me to be a good daughter, which I doubt I was then… Haha still very playful.
My abah too. He will just say , “I love you” , hugged and kissed me. Then, the moment I’ve always loved. The big green packet from Abah. Yay!! :)


Those were the good ol’ days. Now I can’t be selfish. Its time for me to put others before myself. Its no more for me. This year , especially, I priotise home first then comes my mak and then lastly ,me.

This year, though, mak has more words to say when I ask for her forgiveness. Hmmm , she must have composed and add on more words to her vocabulary. I was stunned and caught unaware with her questions. Brain jammed. Now its me whose got my vocabulary limited. Like it has reached the words limit. Hehe. Thrown a few questions, I just smiled and hugged her.
With no definite answer, I just thanked her for everything. Then we hugged again.
Wahhh~~ my makeup ruined already with all those tears. Rushed to touch up a bit and out I go. Its raining and I had to reach my dad’s place by 1030am. I was already late.

One more difference this year, I travelled alone the morning of raya. Like the past years, I will travel together with mak to my eldest aunt’s place. The house where all of us will gather together since young , since nenek was still around. This time, mak has to wait for my uncle to fetch her as he is sending some kuih for us and together they will drive to my aunty som’s place.
Wet and cold, I flagged a cab and reached my dad’s place abt 1045am.
He’s already waiting for me to eat together… Awwww, the precious moment I truly treasure. Oh ya, talking about eating, I did not get to eat ketupat last night, the last day of Ramadhan.
Why? Because both my mak and me were too busy with the keks that we did not have time to go and collect the ketupats! We even forgot to prepare food for break fast! Haha, then mak decided to get some food from the hawker downstairs. So we had packed food that night.
So I ate ketupat on raya morning. Chat a bit with my abah and 2nd mak… ask for his forgiveness, hugged and kissed him as always. Hmmm , he did not say much as always, just asked me to take good care of myself when he’s not around to perform his Haj end of this year. Uwaaaahhh!!!~~


Thought my abah forgotten to give me the big green packet….. Tett!! I was wrong!He passed it to me in the car on the way to his sister’s place. Yayy!!! ;)
Spent quite a bit of time at his sister’s place. I kept looking at the watch . Can’t wait to leave .. hehe
I so looking forward to gather at aunty som’s place.
Catch up a bit with my cousin’s from my abah’s side … snapped a couple of photos together and off I left for aunty som’s place.
Sadly, most of my cousins had came and left . But its okay, we will still meet up again later.
I think I want to plan, next year we will make it a point to gather at the same time and take big family photo.
How fun! ;)
More additions to Nenek Timah’s family and see how much we have all grown… hehe. :(

At aunty dah’s place , I get to meet my lil cupcakes. Will upload their photos later.
Clad in red baju kurung, they looked simply cute!!
With their cute and entertaining actions, Im never bored.
Annnddd ohhh pls don’t grow up so fast :(


Oh yes, this year I broke record. All in all , in one day, I visited 8 houses.
Was sooo exhausted by the end of the day.
Tired from all those crying, hugging and kissing. Oh ya , another thing, I feel so apologetic this time round.
I even hugged my uncle anwar . Never had I done that before … hmmmmmm


I cried again before I finally dozed off to slumberland.
Im so blessed to have such happy moments with my family this Syawal.


For all my friends.. I wish you Selamat Hari Raya! Forgive me if I have written or said any crap that may appear or sound insulting or spamming you with emails or hurt your feelings and caused you sleepless nights..

Cough~ Cough~ - my cough loves me… refused to leave me yet.. hehe

Toodles~!~












10/19/2007 12:17:00 PM







Darlings

BloGz I ReaD
HiD
BaBy AisYa
My cute little princesses
LynN
DeL RasouLi

Chatterbox



Memories

10/17/2004 - 10/24/2004
05/22/2005 - 05/29/2005
05/29/2005 - 06/05/2005
10/30/2005 - 11/06/2005
11/06/2005 - 11/13/2005
11/13/2005 - 11/20/2005
12/04/2005 - 12/11/2005
01/22/2006 - 01/29/2006
02/26/2006 - 03/05/2006
03/05/2006 - 03/12/2006
03/12/2006 - 03/19/2006
03/19/2006 - 03/26/2006
03/26/2006 - 04/02/2006
04/02/2006 - 04/09/2006
04/09/2006 - 04/16/2006
04/23/2006 - 04/30/2006
05/07/2006 - 05/14/2006
05/21/2006 - 05/28/2006
06/04/2006 - 06/11/2006
06/11/2006 - 06/18/2006
06/18/2006 - 06/25/2006
07/09/2006 - 07/16/2006
07/23/2006 - 07/30/2006
08/13/2006 - 08/20/2006
08/20/2006 - 08/27/2006
09/10/2006 - 09/17/2006
09/24/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 10/08/2006
10/15/2006 - 10/22/2006
10/22/2006 - 10/29/2006
10/29/2006 - 11/05/2006
11/19/2006 - 11/26/2006
12/03/2006 - 12/10/2006
12/31/2006 - 01/07/2007
01/28/2007 - 02/04/2007
02/04/2007 - 02/11/2007
02/11/2007 - 02/18/2007
02/18/2007 - 02/25/2007
02/25/2007 - 03/04/2007
03/04/2007 - 03/11/2007
03/25/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 04/08/2007
04/08/2007 - 04/15/2007
04/29/2007 - 05/06/2007
05/20/2007 - 05/27/2007
05/27/2007 - 06/03/2007
06/03/2007 - 06/10/2007
07/08/2007 - 07/15/2007
08/12/2007 - 08/19/2007
09/09/2007 - 09/16/2007
09/30/2007 - 10/07/2007
10/14/2007 - 10/21/2007
10/21/2007 - 10/28/2007
10/28/2007 - 11/04/2007
11/04/2007 - 11/11/2007
11/11/2007 - 11/18/2007
11/18/2007 - 11/25/2007
11/25/2007 - 12/02/2007
12/09/2007 - 12/16/2007
12/16/2007 - 12/23/2007
12/23/2007 - 12/30/2007
01/20/2008 - 01/27/2008
02/03/2008 - 02/10/2008
03/02/2008 - 03/09/2008
05/04/2008 - 05/11/2008
05/11/2008 - 05/18/2008
09/14/2008 - 09/21/2008
11/23/2008 - 11/30/2008

Credits

Designer - CHERYL
Base Codes : depression-ist