You begin your life with no experiences, life as clear as a piece of white cloth, just an innocent child with the world as your teacher. You are immediately introduced to your parents, your first teachers in this world. You will start designing on that white piece of cloth with as many colors as possible. As we grow, others entered our lives, whether positively or negatively, leaving footprints in our lives.
I am so glad that I have traveled this road, and met the mentors that have impacted my life.
I am now proud to say that I have an awesome mentor. I got more than what I expected. More than what a friend can offer. Their down-to-earth approach, and their quick response, their words of encouragement have changed the outlook of me.
The boundless help they have given to me was indeed precious.
They try talking about that one thing that makes me a bit uncomfortable or feeling a little shy about discussing it even with family but they brought it up because they care so much about me.
Yes, I was caught by surprised again yesterday when they broach the subject.
Again, they can read me.
Again, they can sense I do need their time. Even for a short while, it has meant a lot to me.
They don’t shrug me off even before I start. Non judgmental attitude makes it easier for me to open up as much as possible.
And of course, it’s like a heap of load off me now.
It sets me thinking for myself now.
It’s high time I should start planning.
Enough about other people.
They just don’t care how much you know about them, but they do know how much you care.
Mentor is
A friend. Do fun things together. Teach each other, help each other and are honest with each other. sometimes they might want to have conversations with you about things that make you feel worried or upset
A role model: set good example for how to live
Do his best to share what he’s good at and honest about mistakes he had made or things he is not good at doing
A listener you can trust: say things to your mentor that you don’t feel comfortable saying to anyone else even to a very close friend or relative
You tell them about your hopes, dreams or fears
Other times you reveal mistakes you’ve made. They have your best interests in mind and try to be supportive of you regardless what you confide in them
Someone who is proud of you: able to see all the talents that you have and help you to learn and grow