Sensitive
. easily pained, annoyed, etc.
. having acute mental or emotional sensibility; aware of and responsive to the feelings of others.
Every human on earth has a basic sensitivity feeling, that enables them to grow-up and survive in this world.
Sensitive souls feel they do not belong in this real world, they feel uncomfortable, unsettled and find it difficult to adjust to the world. This is because they still have deep emotions and memories of previous lifetimes embedded in their soul.
I may not be the most sensitive person in the world. But, I am a sensitive person. It works for me and against me .
Turning 27 this year , something clicked in my head, and the process of becoming a near to 30 adult made me take an intense look around me. As I looked into my life, I found myself in an unsettled situation ,too easygoing, lazy, sensitive and a self-esteem pitfall. My habit to bottle up all my feelings (because they were just too intense for anyone to understand) has created quite a mess now. Struggling with knowing and accepting how I feel
At times , I find myself wondering why it is so difficult to live in such a beautiful world, why my emotions control my life, kept asking why I am not getting what I want. Closed ones are always reminding myself that I am a deep thinker and perhaps taking things too personally and seriously. What can I say? I refused to blame this on my past upbringing. How much I yearn to have someone to guide me on this road through life, to teach me the golden rules of life and to help me with the choices I have to make when reaching at certain crossroads in life. Now I turn to positive thinking, learning to always forgive and pray.
Being a sensitive soul myself, I find it extremely important to take care of other people’s feelings to the extent of going along with whatever they say/request from me
Which left me to think of myself , last
When I get too sensitive though, people often mistake me for being too childish and a pain in the neck, not wanting to be even 5 metres near me
Many a times , when sensitive people are put down for expressing their feelings, they may find that their feelings heighten because they feel invalidated and unheard and depressed without knowing why; their lives may look good on the outside but they feel empty or unfulfilled because they are cut off from their emotions.
Now I discover that there is no doubt that, at some point of time , all we need is to express our feelings and to be heard. Yet it is also true that not everyone can hear our feelings, or wish to. Even when people want to listen they may want to decide when and how much they can listen to at any one time. This is something hard to deal with and eventually caused one to feel a sharp tinge of pain in the heart especially if you've recently learned that it's good to talk about your feelings. You may feel silenced or controlled by not being able to talk about your feelings.
I have learned that, as a highly sensitive person, I must always have a safe outlet for my emotions. Be it writing, talking or thinking, a tool to express my feelings is essential to a healthy and happy life.
So here I am… blogging abt whatever it is that comes to mind.
2/16/2007 01:38:00 PM